What an album cover...check out the tiny Abraham Lincoln!
A full song list wasn't available, but we can confirm that Jake will be covering:
- "Comrades, I Am Dying!" (1864) Dance remix being consider by Tiesto (we haven't been able to confirm).
- "The New Emancipation Song" (1864) Produced by Timbaland.
- "Brave Boys Are They!" (1861) Produced by Timbaland.
- "Ashokan Farewell" (1982) New spoken word section composed by Kanye West (confirmed).
- "Battle Hymn of the Republic" (1861) Guest vocalist MIMS (glory, glory, hallelujah, muthafucka!).
We can also confirm that the album notes are being composed by Ken Burns. Burns has been friends with the Gyllenhaals ever since an 8-year-old Jake dug up a piece of scrap metal in his yard and mistook it for a Confederate bullet. Burns made a personal visit to the family home to explain the Mason-Dixon line, instilling in Jake a lifelong interest in 19th century muskets.
Though Jake has not spoken much about his motivation, he did exclusively tell Jake Watch that he hoped this project would revive the traditional war ballads he has always held dear to his heart. While the use of modern hip-hop artists to accentuate an acoustic album of songs written during America's Civil War may seem a little unorthodox, insiders are already buzzing that the unique approach just might make Gyllenhaal the next big name in music.
Thanks to nice anon for the tip on Burns.