Tuesday, May 16, 2006
I'm calling this an exclusive, I'm not sure it really is but I'd like to pretend. You know the saying every cloud has a silver lining? Well, Jake Watch's cloud has a big old triple-width, gilded, platinum, welded on by cherubs lining! From a minor case of copyright infringement to the offer of a Q&A with Mr Stephen Gyllenhaal! And who said crime doesn't pay?!
Cantara Christopher, Stephen's publisher, has assured me that Stephen is eager to make contact with his reading public and I'm pretty certain we're all more than eager to reciprocate this sentiment. So, for now, I'm "throwing the idea out there" to see what you all think. If you have a question for Stephen then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Along with your question please include your name, (doesn't have to be your entire real name, just something I can use for identification) and your location (again, approximately - if you reside in the US then give a state and it would also be nice to hear from people all over the world - I know peeps from Guam visit!). Stating your age is an option but it would be nice to see a range.
Obviously I can only put foward so many queries so please give it some careful thought. To reiterate, please email me the questions, DO NOT post them in the comments below. I found this interesting article on Stephen if anyone wants some detailed background information. READ ARTICLE.
P.S - Submit your questions ASAP. We have less than a week!
To give you a little direction here are a few topics you might want to get your teeth into:
- Stephen's poetry, his influences and his motivation
- inquiries about Stephen's writing process or the creative method in general.
- Stephen's films - how he got his foot in the door, his favourite projects, his favourite films
- his education, his study of English literature, his Uni experience
- his other artistic interests - books, music (Cantara tells me Stephen plays viola and loves Eminem!)
- his family values, lessons he and his wife instilled in their children
- his personal beliefs and political concerns
- his advice to young people
You can read samples of Stephen's work HERE.
All the questions people are asking have been great and very respectful. Some of them are very similar so I'm going to combine them and then list who asked the question. With this in mind, we're getting the chance to ask 10-20 questions so could people please limit their queries to just one each. I'm sorry to restrict you but I'm getting a bit bogged down with so many! I don't want to miss anyone out by forgetting who asked what. Thanks!
Posted by britpopbaby at 3:18 PM