Tuesday, April 18, 2006

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

"Don't listen to what anybody says except the people who encourage you. If it's what you want to do and it's within yourself, then keep going and try to do it for the rest of your life."
Jake Gyllenhaal, Confucius of our time.

I think with this sentiment Jake was implying more innocent things but let's make the leaping assumption that it also applies to stalking. For example, take the first line; Jake says only listen to the people who encourage us to stalk, (e.g me), and ignore those who say we shouldn't,(e.g family and friends, the police, law courts, therapists). Jake says if that's what we want to do and we have it within ourselves to achieve that then we should always keep going. Thanks, Jake. It's so good to know that you understand. Now, where exactly do you live ?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog is the highlight of my day... dag that sounds pathetic. Still rock on!

Shari said...

I say we start planning a stalking trip. He's basically begging us to.

britpopbaby said...

Maybe I should set up a PayPal button so lonely blog surfing millionaires could fund us.

BTW, what do you think of the new colour scheme. I'm determined to find one and settle on it!

Anonymous said...

Not sure about the colour scheme britpop - it's harder to read pale text against a lighter background...perhaps a darker blue might do it? And is that taupe I see on the border ? ;-)

Anonymous said...

I think it rocks! It's a pit peachy but then I'm a gal so there!

britpopbaby said...

I've been told the all black with white writing is bad on the eyes. I was going for an antique-y look but I see that the blue might be too light. I'll mess some more-I love it really. And I'd never quit!

Anonymous said...

So one should only listen to one's enablers. LOL Maybe he meant listen to those people who really cares enough to encourage you, not the suck-ups or kiss-asses that celebrities attract like flies.

Anonymous said...

Thanks I needed to hear that LOL

Anonymous said...

Excellent...I believe that in a way, Jake has now give me permission to bundle him when I go to his next London premiere (still hoping for one for Zodiac...)

britpopbaby said...

We should set some form of trap. Who has a limo? so we could be all;
"Your car is right this way Mr Gyllenhaal..."

Shari said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shari said...

We should set some form of trap. Who has a limo? so we could be all;
"Your car is right this way Mr Gyllenhaal..."

Britpopbaby - I have already thouroughly thought this through....I laid out some detailed plans on my blog a few months ago, but nothing ever came of it:

Mission: Jake

Maybe we should put this plan in action? ;)

Anonymous said...

this site never fails to make me smile. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah now, border colour is a lot better britpop.

Anonymous said...

Yes!! We could rent out a limo, dress up as those bodyguard-type-people, kidnap him and...well, we'll work the rest out when we come to it...

Anonymous said...

count me in. I can distract him while you bundle him into the limo, HOW? i'm sure i can think of some ways...