- We both have a degree in Creative Writing. No way! Although mine is English with Creative Writing so I kinda Top Trump you on that one. But dude, how much time can Creative Writing classes take up? As mine were only two hours a week I presume your timetable wasn't exactly taxing either and therefore you spent your Uni years partying hard. Oh, I hear ya. It's all fun 'til someone gets out the pepper vodka.
- You like to use the term 'fucked-up' to illustrate character traits in people. Me too! I also like to use 'crazy-ass-biotch'. It's fun to say.
- You've learnt a lot from Jake. Well, that goes without saying - who here hasn't?
- An accident in Florida messed up your chances to be a professional water-skier. Oh god, this is spooky! I was at the top of my wake boarding game when I tried to do a nosebone and this alligator came out of nowhere and wallyed me! My ankle was twisted up pretty bad and my confidence was shot. I never wake boarded again.
- Your Dad named you after Austin Nichols, brewmaster of Wild Turkey Kentucky Straight Bourbon. Wow, parents can be so mean. I have no personal experience of this but as my good friend Glen Morangie once said to me, "Kid, you gotta take the smooth with the smooth and if you add some hot apple cider and a stick of cinnamon you got yourself a Wild Turkey Gobbler". Yeah, old Glen was kinda nuts.
Well, after learning all this stuff about you, Austin, and connecting with you on so many levels I must apologise for ignoring your existence for so long. Come on round, we'll drink a pitcher of WooHoo and bring those Wellingtons, my garden could use a good prune.